CYPRUS: SPI investigates sale of Stolichnaya
SPI is investigating the sale of its global vodka brand Stolichnaya, according to reports.
The Wall Street Journal said today that the Russian drinks group had approached Lehman Brothers to find a buyer for the vodka brand.
It is thought that Stolichnaya could fetch as much as US$3 billion in an auction.
Stolichnaya is currently distributed on the international markets by the French drinks group Pernod Ricard, but that deal is due to come to an end following Pernod's acquisition of the Swedish drinks company Vin & Sprit, which owns rival brand Absolut.
One stumbling block towards any successful sale is the ongoing dispute between SPI, which owns the rights to Stolichnaya on the international market and the Russian government which holds claim to the brand on the domestic Russian market.
Neither economic gloom nor the presence of an illustrious neighbour appear to be overshadowing Armagnac, France's less well known brandy denomination. Chris Losh found the region's producers to be in ...
Central European Distribution Organisation, the wine and spirits group, has said it has signed a deal to refinance its short-term debt, enabling it to continue investing in key growth markets....
Drinks Americas has said it has signed a 15-year distribution deal in Germany with local firm Zwilichiovskij Import-Export....
French wine and spirits group Belvedere has reported a 22% revenue rise in the first nine months of 2008, but warned that it was likely to miss operating profit targets....
Diageo Great Britain has reported strong growth in off-trade wine & spirits volumes in the countdown to Christmas....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Russian Standard Vodka has signed a partnership deal with French distribution company Lixir....
Pernod Ricard has lined up a 'live wall projection' campaign for its Jameson brand in two cities in the US....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China