GREECE: SPI Group renews distribution deal with W S Karoulias
SPI has renewed its Greek distribution deal
SPI Group has extended its distribution deal with W S Karoulias for the Stolichnaya portfolio in Greece.
Karoulias, SPI's partner in the Greek market for the past five years, will continue to handle Stolichnaya vodka, Elit by Stolichnaya and Stoli Red, Karoulias said yesterday (12 September). It is not immediately clear how long the new deal will last.
Karoulias said Stolichnaya is its flagship brand that "continues to perform well" in Greece, despite declines in the overall alcohol market.
London wine merchant Berry Bros & Rudd sold Karoulias to the distributor's managing director, Chris Argyrou, for an undisclosed fee in 2011.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
The final just-drinks management briefing of the year takes a look back at the last 12 months in the global drinks industry. The penultimate chapter in this five-part briefing reviews 2013 for wine....
SPI Group has confirmed the appointment of Southern Wine & Spirits of America as the distributor of its vodka portfolio in six more US states....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research