INDIA: SPI Group goes with Aspri Spirits for Stolichnaya in India
Aspri Spirits is handling distribution of SPI Group's Stolichnaya brand in six Indian countries
SPI Group has consolidated distribution of its Stolichnaya vodka portfolio in the Indian market.
The company, which had been using regional distributors since 2008, has confirmed this week that it has teamed with Aspri Spirits in the country. Aspri is handling the marketing and distribution for the Stolichnaya Red and Elit brands.
The Mumbai-based distributor, which also handles brands owned by Gruppo Campari, Distell Group and De Kuypers, started shipping SPI's vodkas to six cities - Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Rajasthan and Chennai – back in September. Chandigarh and Kolkata will follow later this year.
SPI's senior executive team has been in India this week to present the brand to the trade and media in the country.
Prior to 2008, Stolichnaya was handled by Pernod Ricard in India as part of a global distribution tie-up, outside Russia. Following Pernod's acquisition of Vin & Sprit – and its Absolut vodka brand – SPI was forced to look elsewhere for distributors, teaming with the likes of William Grant & Sons in the US, and Corby Distilleries in Canada.
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research