US: SPI Group appoints new Travel Retail chief
SPI is strengthening its North American unit
SPI Group has appointed a director for its North American Travel Retail unit.
John Karem took on the newly-created role on Friday, a spokesperson for SPI told just-drinks today (5 November). Karem is based in Miami and reports directly to SPI's global travel retail director, Jean-Philippe Aucher.
Karem joined SPI from beverage firm Bibo Mundi, where he was charged with identifying M&A opportunities. Prior to that, he was director of global business development at Phillips Distilling Company and VP of brand development at Liquidity LLC, the creator of Pinky Vodka.
“John’s expertise in the travel retail space and spirits industry savvy, coupled with his extensive background in global business development and sales management will be a huge asset to our expanding duty free sector in North America,” Aucher said.
Last month, SPI's chief marketing officer told just-drinks that a boycott of Russian vodka by the gay community had “minimal” impact on its Stolichnaya brand.
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends