LUX/ARGENTINA: SPI Group appoints Achaval Ferrer CFO
SPI Group has recruited the CFO of Argentina's Familia Schroeder Winery to assume the same role at its Achaval Ferrer wine company in the country.
Luxembourg-based SPI, which bought a majority stake in Achaval Ferrer in 2011, confirmed that Alejandro Rivara will move from Schroeder in Patagonia to Achaval Ferrer in Mendoza. No-one was available to confirm to just-drinks today (16 October) who Rivara is replacing in the role, or if the position is a newly-created one.
"Alejandro’s previous financial management experience and deep-seeded knowledge of the wine industry will be precious to growing our business within key markets both regionally and globally.” said SPI's CEO, Val Mendeleev. “I am very happy to welcome Alejandro to the group."
Late last month, SPI, which owns the Stolichnaya vodka brand, announced its intention to grow its wine portfolio. It also holds a stake in the Tenuta dell'Ornellaia, Castelgiocondo and Luce della Vite estates, which are all part of the Marchesi de'Frescobaldi family holdings.
SPI Group has confirmed the appointment of Southern Wine & Spirits of America as the distributor of its vodka portfolio in six more US states....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends