FRANCE: Spadel acquires Carola from Nestle Waters
Belgian group Spadel has lined up the purchase of Eaux Minérales de Ribeauvillé (EMR), which produces the Carola bottled water brand, from Nestlé Waters France.
The value of the transaction, which was announced yesterday (8 July), was not disclosed. The deal follows Nestlé Waters' announcement earlier this year that it had received “expressions of interest” in three of its water brands in France, including Carola.
Alsace-based EMR employs around 50 staff and posted EBITDA of EUR1.9m (US$2.4m) last year, from sales of EUR16.3m.
Spadel already owns the Wattwiller brand, whose production site is located around 50 kilometres from EMR. The Nestlé Waters France subsidiary has a strong presence in the Alsace off-trade with Carola. The brand's position in the region complements that of Wattwiller in the on-trade, the group said.
Spadel acquired Wattwiller in 2004, and also owns the Spa water brand in Belgium and Brecon Carreg in Wales.
This month's management briefing takes a look at the last 12 months for the global drinks industry. In part one, Ben Cooper reviews the year in the bottled water category....
Canadean's "Nestle (Lanka) Ltd. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and s...
The G8 Soft Drinks industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The guide al...
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research