US: Southern Wine & Spirits adds to Nevada beer team
SWS is increasing its focus on craft beer in Nevada
The Nevada division of Southern Wine and Spirits (SWS) has upped its craft beer focus in the state with two new appointments.
Russell Gardner is taking the role of director of craft beer, while Samuel Merritt has been appointed director of on-premise beer and non-alcoholic beverages. Both will report to the unit's beer & trade development VP, Clyde Burney.
The group pointed to Las Vegas' "rapidly-growing craft beer industry" as a reason for the expansion.
Merritt, who has been a consultant to SWS, was previously Brooklyn Brewery's brand manager in New York City.
Gardner's previous experience includes working as head Brewer at Las Vegas' Joseph James Brewing Co.
To read an exclusive just-drinks comment piece on the current state of the US craft beer market, click here.
US distributor Southern Wine & Spirits of America has appointed a former Bacardi executive in a bid to bolster its supply chain....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research