US: South West France Wines launches US campaign
A GBP1.3m (US$2.1m) promotion campaign has been launched in the US by the trade body responsible for wines from the South West of France.
The three-year campaign, partly financed by the EU, is the first to be launched by the Interprofession des Vins de Sud Ouest (IVSO) in the US, the group said today (29 June).
IVSO represents France's fourth biggest wine area, in terms of both volume and value, with 18 appellations and 22 vins de pays.
The US is expected to be the world's largest wine market in volume terms by 2012, according to figures from Vinexpo and IWSR.
"We are committed to the United States market, which represents enormous potential for our wines," said Paul Fabre, IVSO director.
The promotion campaign will initially target wine critics, with samples to be sent to 50 journalists. A trade and press seminar will take place in New York and an advert has been placed in the Vinexpo edition of Wine Spectator magazine.
From the vineyards of Australia to the boardrooms of the multi-nationals; from job losses and bankruptcies in the UK to the consolidation of the fragmented French sector - few aspects of the world's w...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read Interviews of 2009....
The thirst for fine wine continues in Asia, where auction house Christie's has achieved its highest sale in Hong Kong since relaunching auctions there more than a year ago....
Hong Kong has overtaken established rivals London and New York City to become the most lucrative venue for fine wine auctions, according to top auction house Sotheby's....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head