US: SodaStream unveils Welch's tie-up
SodaStream also has partnerships with Kraft and Ocean Spray
SodaStream has teamed up with US grape-juice maker Welch’s to launch a line of concentrates for its carbonation machines.
The deal should see co-branded products released in the second half of this year, SodaStream said yesterday (29 January). It mirrors agreements SodaStream has with other US juice makers Ocean Spray and Kraft Foods that has seen a range of new SodaStream flavours released over the past two years.
Of the latest tie-up, SodaStream said: “This relationship further expands our strategy to bring the best food and beverage names into the fast-growing SodaStream family, where consumers are turning to make smarter choices about the bubbly beverages they drink.”
Massachusetts-based Welch's is family-owned and produces a range of fruit-based products, including grape juices.
SodaStream last week was forced to remove its Super Bowl advert, featuring model and actress Scarlett Johansson, from next month's event after US broadcaster Fox rejected it. The company claimed that Fox made the decision because of a “fear of reprisal” from the Coca-Cola Co and PepsiCo, which are mentioned in the ad.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research