US/ISRAEL: SodaStream boosts reach with new distribution deals
SodaStream is targeting global growth
SodaStream has expanded sales to Chile and Singapore and increased distribution in Russia as the company looks to boost its global footprint.
The Israel-based maker of beverage syrup and carbonation machines will launch in Chile through Volta, a food and drug supplier, SodaStream said yesterday (18 October). In December, the company's products will also go on sale in Singapore retailer Takashimaya through a partnership with home supplier Yeo Teck Seng, while Russian distribution is being switched to Bureaucrat, a home and office supplier, from early next year.
It is not immediately clear which company previously distributed SodaStream products in Russia.
"Geographic expansion is one of our three pillars of growth, together with product innovation and consumer marketing,” SodaStream CEO Daniel Birnbaum said, adding that the company hopes to expand into more countries next year.
Earlier this year, SodaStream was involved in a legal dispute with The Coca-Cola Co in South Africa over an outdoor marketing exhibit that used empty Coca-Cola cans to highlight consumer waste.
Just over six months ago, PepsiCo garnered quite a few headlines when it launched Pepsi Next in Australia. What caught the industry's eye was that this marked the first time that the company had used ...
The concentrates market remains in rude health, with both developed and emerging markets for soft drinks offering great rewards. Here, Jonas Feliciano from Euromonitor takes a closer look at the categ...
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages