UK: Smithkline Beecham court challenge to ASA over Ribena Toothkind
The Advertising Standards Authority was outside its immediate area of expertise when it ruled an advertisement by the manufacturers of Ribena Toothkind was misleading, according to the chairman of the British Dental Health and Science Committee, Dr Geoff Craig.Commenting on the ASA's decision asking Smithkline Beecham to delete claims on advertisements that "Ribena Toothkind does not encourage tooth decay", Dr Craig told just-drinks.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Stagnant wine growth a concern for Constellation
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Chateau Bastor-Lamontagne's So Sauternes
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads