US: Skyy Spirits becomes Campari America
Goodbye Skyy Spirits, hello Campari America
Skyy Spirits, named after Campari-owned Skyy vodka, will become Campari America this month, the unit confirmed earlier this week. The subsidiary, which is wholly-owned by Campari, covers the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
“Even though our portfolio has grown over the past several years …, the Skyy Spirits company name was inherently associated with only one brand,” said Campari America's chairman & CEO, Gerry Ruvo. “We felt the time was right to make the switch to Campari America, further demonstrating the breadth and depth of our products, while at the same time more closely associating ourselves with the … resources of our parent company.”
As well as representing the Campari-owned brands, Campari America is also the US distributor for whiskies, rums and liqueurs from Suntory, Morrison Bowmore Distillers, Berry Brothers & Rudd, and Compañía Licorera de Nicaragua.
Gruppo Campari acquired Skyy Spirits in 2002. Today, the Italy-based group owns around 45 brands that are distributed in 190 countries and claims to be the world's sixth-largest premium spirits company.
Separately, the division announced this week that it has renewed its distribution agreement in the US with Southern Wine & Spirits of America. The partnership will start to cover the state of Indiana, along with the following markets: Arizona, northern California, southern California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Vermont.
Bacardi has confirmed the appointment of a permanent regional president for Latin America, recruiting a Campari executive to fill the role....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China