US: Skyy prepares super-premium vodka for US
The San Francisco-based unit said today (12 March) that Skyy 90, a super-premium vodka, is set to roll out nationally in the coming weeks.
The subsidiary said it has spent US$25m on developing what it called "the world's most technologically advanced distillery" to produce the new vodka. The distillate comes in at 100%, a world first, Skyy claims, and is then blended with 100% pure water to 90 proof.
"Skyy 90 stands alone in the market because we have enhanced the taste by creating the purest expression of vodka," said master distiller Randall Schrick. "Skyy 90's 100% distillate is a higher standard of vodka that will appeal to the discriminating palate of today's vodka connoisseurs."
The new vodka has been trialled in major metropolitan markets like San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, and Miami, and will be available across the US by late spring.
Castle Brands has teamed up with Britvic in the Republic of Ireland to distribute its flagship spirit, Boru Vodka....
Perfect Renaissance, the Israeli manufacturer of Vodka Perfect, is expanding its business and, for the first time, will export its kosher vodka to France....
Diageo has detailed plans to invest in its leading brands, including Smirnoff, Baileys, Bell's, Bushmills and Guinness, in the build-up to Christmas in the UK....
Russian Standard Vodka is taking one of its vodka brands to India....
Blavod Extreme Spirits is planning to sell its US subsidiary to its CEO....
United Spirits is mulling an expansion of its vodka offering in its home market, according to reports....
Castle Brands plans to extend the recent packaging revamp for its Boru vodka brand to the UK in September....
Pernod Ricard's chief executive Pierre Pringuet has attended meetings with politicians on a recent trip to Sweden, suggesting that the French company remains interested in buying its rival Vin & Sprit...
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends