US: Skyy appoints CEO, eyes acquisitions
Skyy Spirits, LLC, announced yesterday that former vice-president of sales Gerard (Gerry) Ruvo has accepted the position of president and CEO.
Former Skyy president Anthony P. Foglio shifts to the chairman role, effective from yesterday with board approval. The recent announcement of parent company Gruppo Campari's purchase of founder Maurice Kanbar's remaining 30.1% stake in the company left the chairman position open, making the transition possible.
The company said that as chairman, Foglio will take on a more strategic role in acquiring brands for Skyy Spirits and Gruppo Campari.
"Brand acquisitions are part of the growth strategy to strengthen Gruppo Campari's position in the US," a statement said.
Ruvo joined Skyy in 1998 to build a comprehensive sales structure and direct Skyy's sales.
Foglio said: "Gerard Ruvo's breadth of spirits industry experience and abilities will allow him to take Skyy Spirits, one of the fastest growing spirits companies, to a new level."
San Francisco-based Skyy Spirits, LLC is a subsidiary of Milan-based Gruppo Campari.
The rum market may be dominated by white rum - and by one brand in particular - but Larry Watson, managing director, distribution division, at Jamaican rum producer, J Wray & Nephew, believes there is...
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
Davide Campari-Milano SpA has amassed a EUR500m war chest for acquisitions, according to the Italian company's CEO Enzo Visone....
Campari has had its rating cut....
Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A. has seen a 2.6% rise in sales drive growth across all profitability indicators in the first half of the year....
US investment house Citigroup Smith Barney has cut its rating on Italian drinks group Davide Campari-Milano SpA from "buy" to "hold"....
Goldman Sachs has initiated coverage of Davide Campari-Milano shares....
Luca Cordero di Montezemolo, an independent director on the Davide Campari board, has handed in his resignation to the Italian company....
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review