AUSTRALIA: Galliano: Size matters
After gaining a surge in volume sales in some of its principal markets, Galliano is to focus its 'politically incorrect' advertising campaign on the UK, Australia and Scandinavia, where sales have risen by 30% and 20% respectively.Recognised as the vivid, bright yellow liqueur in the 'outrageously' tall bottle, Galliano's 'Politically Incorrect' campaign was devised by Paris agency, Scarlett, and this year it will be introducing five new visuals, including "Size Matters" and "It's intriguing."The imagery will feature in print and outdoor posters to take consumers by surprise and will require no translation in principal international markets.Marco Violin, international marketing director for Galliano at Cointreau SA in Paris, said: "Our international campaign is distinctly brand led, with the primary aim of grabbing attention for Galliano among 20 to 30 year old consumers.""In addition, local market promotions will inspire different ways of drinking - whether as a long drink, cocktail or shooter. Our target consumers are image conscious and experimental, and in the nature of our campaign reflects this.""Anything goes, provided that it is creatively bold and makes a statement," he added.Sales of this classic bar brand have increased, but said the company the pattern of brand growth has not been predictable.Brand growth in the UK has also resulted from increased retail distribution, and in Scandinavia, the popularity of Galliano Hot Shot (with hot black coffee and whipped cream) made Galliano race to the top of the liqueurs league in the 1990s.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- What do Brewers need from the UK Government?
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research