News

AUS: Simon Gilbert agrees wine acquisition

Most popular

Should Campari Group be renamed Aperol Group?

just-drinks speaks to A-B InBev CEO Carlos Brito

Why water has become more important than wine

Campari Group's Aperol Q3 bonanza - Comment

MORE

Simon Gilbert Wines has reached agreement to acquire the Cassegrain Wines premium wine business.

The Australian wine company announced the deal today (28 November), which secures a 70% stake in the business. Cassegrain Wines chief executive John Cassegrain will hold the remaining 30% interest.
 
Simon Gilbert is also set to provide contract winemaking and other services to Cassegrain Wines, the company added.

Cassegrain Wines, which was established in 1985, posted revenues in the 2005 financial year of around A$5.6m (US$4.1m). Profit for the period reached A$200,000 EBIT for the period.

"Simon Gilbert Wines and John Cassegrain have agreed to jointly acquire the Cassegrain wine business on the expectation that combining the resources of the two operations in production, sales and distribution will significantly improve the financial performance of both businesses, with most of the benefits expected to come through after the initial restructuring period and through the second and third year following completion of the acquisition," the company added.

The purchase is expected to cost A$3.75m, with A$1m paid on settlement. Six months later, A$500,000 will be paid, followed by A$600,000 in 12 months and A$650,000 on 30 November, 2007.

 


Sectors: Wine

Related Content

UK wine industry agrees to form unified trade body

UK wine industry agrees to form unified trade body...

Accolade Wines and Conviviality - The best and the worst of wine? - Comment

Accolade Wines and Conviviality - The best and the worst of wine? - Comment...

"Some in the wine industry need to acknowledge that businesses need to make money" - just-drinks tal...

The Coca-Cola Co's US$5.1bn acquisition of Costa - Analysis

The Coca-Cola Co's US$5.1bn acquisition of Costa - Analysis...

Oops! This article is copy protected.

Why can’t I copy the text on this page?

The ability to copy articles is specially reserved for people who are part of a group membership.

How do I become a group member?

To find out how you and your team can copy and share articles and save money as part of a group membership call Sean Clinton on
+44 (0)1527 573 736 or complete this form..



Forgot your password?