UK: “Significant” shareholder gets Mitchells & Butlers board representation
Mitchells & Butlers has added another director to its board.
The UK pub operator said yesterday (20 March) that Edward Irwin will come on board as a non-independent, non-executive director. Irwin is a representative of Elpida Limited, a “significant” shareholder in Mitchells & Butlers, the company said.
Iriwn is the current finance director for Coolmore, a thoroughbred bloodstock breeder with operations in Ireland, the US and Australia.
Chairman Bob Ivell said: “Elpida is a supportive shareholder and we are confident that having Mr. Irwin on the board will be both positive and constructive,” said M&B chairman Bob Ivell.
The appointment takes immediate effect.
Separately, Ivell added: “Our search for both a new chief executive and for independent non-executive directors is progressing well.”
The company started the search for a new CEO when Jeremy Blood stepped down late last year.
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends