UK: “Significant” shareholder gets Mitchells & Butlers board representation
Mitchells & Butlers has added another director to its board.
The UK pub operator said yesterday (20 March) that Edward Irwin will come on board as a non-independent, non-executive director. Irwin is a representative of Elpida Limited, a “significant” shareholder in Mitchells & Butlers, the company said.
Iriwn is the current finance director for Coolmore, a thoroughbred bloodstock breeder with operations in Ireland, the US and Australia.
Chairman Bob Ivell said: “Elpida is a supportive shareholder and we are confident that having Mr. Irwin on the board will be both positive and constructive,” said M&B chairman Bob Ivell.
The appointment takes immediate effect.
Separately, Ivell added: “Our search for both a new chief executive and for independent non-executive directors is progressing well.”
The company started the search for a new CEO when Jeremy Blood stepped down late last year.
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research