Product Launch - US: Sierra Nevada's Rain Check Spiced Stout
Rain Check Spiced Stout
Sierra Nevada's Rain Check Spiced Stout
Category - Beer, stout, 8.9% abv
Available - Mid-June
Location - on and off-trade in North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Virginia and at the Chico Taproom and Berkeley Torpedo room in Northern California.
Price - SRP of around US$9.99 for 4x12oz bottles
Distribution - Through Sierra Nevada's existing distribution network
Sierra Nevada is releasing a limited-edition beer to mark the official launch of brewing at its new North Carolina facility.
Rain Check Spiced Stout, with an abv of 8.9%, is being especially brewed for western North Carolina and surrounding states. The name is a nod to the wet weather that slowed construction of the new east coast site. The stout taste is "inspired by the tropical flavours often found in other favorite foul-weather drinks - fresh ginger, brown sugar, molasses, and tangy lime", the California-headquartered company said.
Sierra Nevada's new Mills River brewery has an initial annual capacity of around 350,000, with the opportunity to double that.
To read an exclusive just-drinks' interview with Sierra Nevada's founder Ken Grossman, click here
just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
This latest 'on-trend' report from just-drinks provides a strategic summary of where the craft beer category is at present, and where it might be heading in the short-term. Through a combination of sp...read more
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report