USA: Sierra Mist, Pepsi's new lemon-lime carbonate launches in US
Pepsi has launched its own lemon-lime alternative to Coca-Cola's Sprite and Cadbury Schweppes 7 UP, with the roll out of Sierra Mist in the US.Samples of this latest brand to join the Pepsi portfolio are available at football games and supermarket across the US and Pepsi intends to spend $50m on marketing what it describes as "a cleaner, more refreshing lemon-lime".Lemon-lime is the second largest soft drink segment in the US after the colas. Sierra Mist is to be positioned as a new age soda with marketing, packaging and advertising concentrating on its refreshing taste.Gary Rodkin, Pepsi's North American beverage executive told US press that Sierra Mist is meant to fill a hole in the company's soft drink portfolio, providing a lemon-lime to bottlers who don't have one. If Sierra Mist gets a 1% share of the market in its first year, Rodkin told US press: "We would be happy."Advertising for Sierra Mist is planned for mid-November and Pepsi also intends to push sales via restaurants, theatres and other such like accounts.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends