USA: Sierra Mist, Pepsi's new lemon-lime carbonate launches in US
Pepsi has launched its own lemon-lime alternative to Coca-Cola's Sprite and Cadbury Schweppes 7 UP, with the roll out of Sierra Mist in the US.Samples of this latest brand to join the Pepsi portfolio are available at football games and supermarket across the US and Pepsi intends to spend $50m on marketing what it describes as "a cleaner, more refreshing lemon-lime".Lemon-lime is the second largest soft drink segment in the US after the colas. Sierra Mist is to be positioned as a new age soda with marketing, packaging and advertising concentrating on its refreshing taste.Gary Rodkin, Pepsi's North American beverage executive told US press that Sierra Mist is meant to fill a hole in the company's soft drink portfolio, providing a lemon-lime to bottlers who don't have one. If Sierra Mist gets a 1% share of the market in its first year, Rodkin told US press: "We would be happy."Advertising for Sierra Mist is planned for mid-November and Pepsi also intends to push sales via restaurants, theatres and other such like accounts.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Diageo’s H1 2017 results - Preview
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's YTD performance - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- AB InBev targets South Africa with redundancy plan
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Heineken in talks to buy Kirin's Brazil presence