USA: Sierra Mist, Pepsi's new lemon-lime carbonate launches in US
Pepsi has launched its own lemon-lime alternative to Coca-Cola's Sprite and Cadbury Schweppes 7 UP, with the roll out of Sierra Mist in the US.Samples of this latest brand to join the Pepsi portfolio are available at football games and supermarket across the US and Pepsi intends to spend $50m on marketing what it describes as "a cleaner, more refreshing lemon-lime".Lemon-lime is the second largest soft drink segment in the US after the colas. Sierra Mist is to be positioned as a new age soda with marketing, packaging and advertising concentrating on its refreshing taste.Gary Rodkin, Pepsi's North American beverage executive told US press that Sierra Mist is meant to fill a hole in the company's soft drink portfolio, providing a lemon-lime to bottlers who don't have one. If Sierra Mist gets a 1% share of the market in its first year, Rodkin told US press: "We would be happy."Advertising for Sierra Mist is planned for mid-November and Pepsi also intends to push sales via restaurants, theatres and other such like accounts.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research