UK: SHS Group appoints combined drinks, sales chief
SHS Group has brought its drinks unit and sales & marketing team closer together with the appointment of a combined head.
Peter Butler will take on the newly-created role of divisional MD for the SHS Group immediately, the company said today (June 25). Butler will take responsibility for both the SHS Drinks Division and the SHS Sales & Marketing GB business, it said.
“As we embark on the next stage in the development and growth of the business we wanted to create a management team structure which will enable us to forge closer working relationships between the SHS Group drinks division and sales and marketing division,” SHS Group MD Michael Howard said.
The drinks unit handles brands including WKD, Merrydown, Bottlegreen and Shloer while the sales team control distribution and marketing for companies including Heineken.
At the same time, Finn O’Driscoll will become sole MD for the drinks unit after sharing responsibility with Karen Salters since 2009. Salters is moving to a “new strategic position within the SHS Group”, the company said.
SHS extended its WKD range with two new flavours in May, Green and Orange.
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read interviews on just-drinks in 2013....
Heineken, the world’s third largest brewer and leading cider producer, continued its aggressive acquisitive expansion in 2012 with the purchase of Asia Pacific Breweries. This profile considers the ex...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2013....
Heineken do Brasil Comercial’s strategic direction became more aggressive in 2012. The company invested in new product launches and marketing and advertising campaigns to attract the attention of cons...
This is the first in a new series of short reports from just-drinks. These profiles will bring together all of just-drinks' coverage of a major development involving some of the leading players in the...
Heineken is making efforts to improve its business in the key US market and support sluggish consumption through product innovation, including Indio in June 2012 and Amstel Wheat and Tecate Michelada ...
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Coca-Cola Co promotes North America chief
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets