UK: SHS Drinks backs WKD Brazilian with GBP1m push
SHS launched WKD Brazilian late last year
SHS Drinks is to invest GBP1m (US$1.6m) in a UK marketing campaign for its limited-edition WKD Brazilian RTD variant.
The push, which rolls out this month, will include 9m online impressions of its latest ads, as well as promotional inserts on 24-bottle cases, SHS said today (10 March). In the on-trade, the launch is being spearheaded by 300 Brazilian-themed events around the country, giving about 100,000 consumers samples of the new flavour.
WKD Brazilian was launched late last year. The push comes ahead of the start of the FIFA World Cup in Brazil, which kicks off in June.
Debs Carter, WKD marketing director at SHS Drinks, said: “With distribution now well-established after the New Year launch, we’re ramping up the bespoke WKD Brazilian marketing campaign. We’re focusing on providing in-store support for retailers, and incentives to encourage them to stock the new limited edition.”
The online ads will air until Brazilian is taken off shelves in September, and include the slogans: "We’ve only gone and signed a Brazilian. Result," and "Olá Mate. New WKD Brazilian out now!"
SHS Drinks also said it is launching an additional pack format - a 27.5cl four-pack - which joins the single 27.5cl and 70cl bottles launched in the New Year.
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research