MEXICO: Shopping spree helps drive Coca-Cola FEMSA in 2012
- Full-year net profits leap by 25% to MXN13.33bn (US$1.04bn)
- Net sales in 2012 up by 19.8% at MXN146.91bn
- Operating profits rise similarly, by 19.4% to MXN21.96bn
A spate of purchases helped boost Coca-Cola FEMSA's 2012
Coca-Cola FEMSA has reported double-digit rises in full-year sales and profits thanks to the integration of its recent purchases.
The Mexican bottler said earlier today (27 February) that net profits in 2012 came in 25% up on 2011, hitting MXN13.33bn (US$1.04bn). Sales were also up by double digits, hitting MXN146.91bn, with operating profits in the year increasing by 19.4% to MXN21.96bn.
In the last three months of 2012, net profits were up by 34.7% at MXN4.32bn, while sales rose by 10.4% to MXN39.61bn. Operating profits jumped by 29.5% to MXN7.22bn.
The firm, which is the world's largest franchise bottler, has completed five transactions in the last 18 months. Subsequently, the results of Grupo CIMSA, which it bought in December 2011, and Grupo Fomento Queretano, which it acquired in May made their first appearance in the group's numbers.
Stripping out the figures from the two purchases, Coca-Cola FEMSA's Q4 sales grew by 6%.
“Our territories across Latin America delivered double-digit top- and bottom-line growth, building on the integration of the new franchises in Mexico,” said company CEO Carlos Salazar Lomelin. “We continued to firmly advance on our strategy to grow through accretive mergers and acquisitions.”
The company's share price was relatively undisturbed by the figures, trading up by 0.3% at 1055 EST today.
To read the company's official statement, click here.
Coca-Cola FEMSA has seen its Q1 headache continue through the half-year, with profits dipping on flat sales....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research