UK: SH Jones expands online presence with Slurp buy
SH Jones Wine has acquired Slurp.co.uk for an undisclosed fee, its second purchase of an online drinks retailer this year.
The acquisition, announced at the weekend, is a “marriage of old- and new-style forms of wine retailing”, SH Jones said. The family-owned firm acquired online seller Hawkshead Wines in January.
“Hawkshead Wines has an outstanding reputation for customer service and combining this with Slurp’s innovative and extensive range, we believe that SH Jones will become one of the country’s leading internet retailers,” SH Jones commercial director, and former Hawkshead owner, Greg Shaw said.
Slurp was founded in 2004 and has about 6,000 wines on its list, SH Jones said.
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research