CANADA: Sexy Carlsberg
Despite the mild mannered sensibilities most Canadians are known topossess, Carlsberg has tapped into the more libertine side of Canucks, by promoting its beer using sex.A new television commercial features three attractive girls sitting in a bar, talking about a man one of the girls is dating, while the other two girls are pressuring her for details about the man's sexual performance.The woman happily obliges with suggestive hand movements demonstrating a sex act. The beer slogan "Welcome to your Carlsberg years" appears on the screen ending the ad.The advert has been aired in cinemas in major cities across Canada for the past six weeks at the beginning of R-rated (18 certificate) films and is scheduled to hit prime time television screens in September for the duration of the Olympics.This advert is the latest in a stream of risque beer commercials being shown to Canadian audiences.Heineken launched a TV ad featuring a seductive woman pouring a beer into a glass while a rather excited chap pours one for himself - on the quick side, resulting in the white frothy foam seeping over the glass. "Premature pour" appears on the screen.Monica Dobie
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends