PHILIPPINES: San Miguel Brewery still mulling shares delisting
The company says it is considering delisting from the Philippine Stock Exchange
San Miguel Brewery has confirmed that it is still considering delisting from the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) as it is yet to comply with rules over public ownership.
In a filing with the PSE today (2 January), the company said that “voluntary delisting is an option that is being considered following the denial of the company's request for extension to comply with the Minimum Public Ownership Rule”. Under PSE rules, publicly-listed companies must have a minimum public float of 10%.
The PSE denied the company an extension to its end-of-the-year deadline for meeting the public ownership requirement.
San Migeul Corp (SMC), the parent company of San Miguel Brewery, said in July that it was “exploring various options” to address the issue. It was reported at the time that the delisting had hit problems as Kirin, which owns a 48% stake in the brewery, had declined to cut its stake by 10%. San Miguel Corp owns 51% of the unit.
Yesterday, the Business Mirror reported SMC president Ramon Ang as saying there is currently “no discussions” with Kirin.
In November, the brewery reported that nine-month net profits were up by 5% to PHP15.4bn (US$374m).
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends