UK: Sales, profits stay strong in Edrington Group H1
- Net profits in H1 climb by 19.7% to GBP38.3m (US$60.8m)
- Sales in six months to end of September rise by 6.2% to GBP295.9m
- Operating profits up by 19.8% to GBP63.6m
The Edrington Group released its H1 numbers earlier this week
The Edrington Group has hailed the performance of its single malt Scotch whisky portfolio for driving its half-year numbers.
Net profits in the first six months to the end of September rose by 19.7% to GBP38.3m (60.8m) the Glasgow-based premium spirits group said earlier this week. Sales in the period climbed by 6.2% GBP295.5m.
Operating profits in the first-half were up by 19.8% to GBP3.6m, the group said.
The company pointed to "stong growth in the US, Asia and emerging markets", which offset "weakness" in southern Europe.
In particular, it saw a "strong performance" from its premium single malt brands in the US and its blended brands in Asia, where "improvements" in its distribution network in the region drove growth.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China