UK: SABMiller's Mackay returns to chairman role after tumour
Graham Mackay is back at work after recovering from a brain tumour
Graham Mackay has resumed his duties as non-executive chairman of SABMiller after a four-month medical leave of absence, the company said today (6 September).
Mackay, who was also the group's CEO, was diagnosed with a brain tumour in April. He was replaced immediately as CEO by Alan Clark, which brought forward a planned succession process due to happen in July.
John Manser, who was acting chairman during Mackay's absence, has resumed his former post as deputy chairman & senior independent director, the brewer said.
Mackay said: "The directors are extremely grateful to John Manser for stepping so ably into the breach as acting chairman during my absence, and I personally have relied hugely on his support and wise counsel during what has been a very difficult few months for my family and me."
He added: “I am delighted that the transition of the chief executive's management responsibilities to Alan Clark has gone so well, and I look forward to supporting Alan and his executive team as they continue to lead SABMiller to ever greater success."
Last week, MillerCoors unveiled the biggest brand launch in its five-and-a-half year history: Miller Fortune, a beer designed to take on the spirits market. But, how will this strategy play out, and w...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
The world’s second largest brewer, SABMiller’s geographic profile provides a strong platform from which to exploit forecast volume growth in emerging markets. This profile analyses the company’s emplo...
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Australia beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ...
This report comprises high level market research data on the Colombia beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ana...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Is Coca-Cola Co “back on track” after brighter Q1?
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets