Product Launch - S AFRICA: SABMiller's Castle Milk Stout Chocolate Infused Stout
SABMiller's Castle Milk Stout Chocolate Infused Stout launched in South Africa this week
SABMiller's Castle Milk Stout Chocolate Infused Stout
Category - Beer, stout, 4.5% abv
Available - From this week
Location - South Africa, off-trade, "selected liquor retailers"
SABMiller's South African unit has launched a "limited-edition" chocolate infused version of its Castle Milk Stout brand.
The 4.5% abv product is made with "real cocoa", according to South African Breweries, and uses a selection of "speciality malts to create a malty chocolate character". Limited stocks are being made available in "selected liquor retailers".
"The flavour is reminiscent of coffee laced with chocolate liqueur. It is full-bodied and filling with bittersweet hints around the edges," said SAB's consumer science and sensory manager Frieda Dehrmann.
In a trading update earlier today, SABMiller posted a 3% lift in group sales in its fiscal first quarter, as volumes held steady. Here we look at the three-month performance by region....
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World