AUS: SABMiller ups Foster's cash offer on tax ruling
SABMiller, Foster's Group re-jig takeover payment plan
Foster's said today (18 November) that Australian tax authorities have forbidden the company from completing a planned AUD0.3 per share capital return to shareholders. The payment formed part of a sweetener offered by Foster's to its own shareholders as part of the board's decision to accept a takeover offer from SABMiller.
Following news of today's ruling, SABMiller said that it will effectively raise its cash takeover offer for Foster's from AUD5.1 per share to AUD5.4, to ensure that Foster's shareholders still receive the amount of money originally promised.
The Peroni Nastro Azzurro brewer highlighted that the tax ruling does not change the takeover deal's enterprise valuation of Foster's, which stands at AUD11.5bn including debt. It does, however, mean that SABMiller will make a higher direct payment to secure Foster's, which is Australia's largest brewer ahead of Kirin-owned Lion Nathan.
In total, Foster's shareholders are still set to receive AUD5.5325 per share, assuming that they back the SABMiller takeover deal in a vote scheduled for 1 December. "This amendment does not increase the acquisition enterprise value and does not change the total cash received by each Foster's shareholder," SABMiller said today.
This month, we present a four-part management briefing into the role the alcoholic drinks industry does play, doesn't play, and ought to play in encouraging responsible consumption. In part one, Ben C...
This month, we present a four-part management briefing into the role the alcoholic drinks industry does play, doesn't play, and ought to play in encouraging responsible consumption. The final part loo...
Zimbabwe's biggest brewer and soft drinks producer, Delta Corp, has reported a healthy 39.1% jump in full-year profits to US$73.7m. ...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research