GLOBAL: SABMiller signs Kopparberg Brewery licensing deal
SABMiller aims to widen Kopparberg's distribution
SABMiller is to take Kopparberg Brewery into new markets under a licensing agreement with the Swedish cider maker.
The UK-headquartered brewer will make Kopparberg cider available for distribution in “markets where Kopparberg does not have an existing interest”, it said today (18 June).
SABMiller has already signed an exclusive distribution and marketing agreement for Australia, with “four or five” more countries to follow in the coming months, a SABMiller spokesperson told just-drinks.
No financial details for the “long-term” agreement with Kopparberg have been disclosed, the spokesperson said.
Kopparberg already has an off-trade presence in Australia, where it is the fourth-biggest-selling cider in the Woolworths supermarket chain, the spokesperson said. The new agreement will continue the Woolworths listing, the spokesperson said, adding: “We're are looking to grow (Kopparberg) out further.”
Kopparberg, which also makes water and beer, is already available in about 40 countries, including the UK, where brands such as Naked Apple Cider are distributed through its own COS Brands distribution and marketing arm.
COS Brands changed its name from Cider of Sweden in 2010.
After a lively year for our industry, Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business takes a look at what the next 12 months could have in store for the beer and spirits categories....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research