UK: SABMiller lines-up Pilsner Urquell on-trade promo
Pilsner Urquell asks UK pub goers how clever they are
The UK arm of SABMiller has lined up an on-trade promotion for its Pilsner Urquell brand in the country.
Miller Brands said earlier today (14 April) that the 'Pilsner Urquell Smartest Pub Competition' will launch in England and Wales next month, offering pub goers the chance to win a trip for two to Prague. The licensee of the winning pub will win GBP10,000 (US$15,430).
When a customer purchases a Pilsner Urquell they’ll be presented with a Mensa puzzle card, which, if solved correctly, will entitle the customer to a complimentary half pint of Pilsner Urquell. The card will then be entered into a prize draw to win the trip to Prague and will count as an entry for the pub into the Pilsner Urquell Smartest Pub Competition.
The licensees from the ten pubs with the most correct consumer entries will be flown to Pilsen in Czech to pitch a business idea on how to grow their business and sales of Pilsner Urquell to a panel of judges. The licensee with the best business plan will win the GBP10,000.
“This is a first for us in terms of working with an organisation such as Mensa,” said Gillian Loudon, customer marketing manager from Miller Brands. “It is also a great opportunity for a licensee to demonstrate their entrepreneurial and business skills to our panel of judges.”
Back in November, SABMiller said it was looking to launch a new super-premium beer brand in the UK this year.
As the fiscal and social maelstrom of the Great Recession started showing signs of abating, projections in October 2009 for the alcoholic drinks industry were relatively positive as most leading econo...
MillerCoors has confirmed a sponsorship deal for the unit's Miller Lite beer brand with the CONCACAF Gold Cup soccer tournament in North and Latin America....
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends