GLOBAL: SABMiller launches 50th birthday Peroni push
SABMiller has launched a global push for Peroni Nastro Azzurro as the beer brand celebrates its 50th anniversary.
The “Storie di Stile” campaign, which charts the history of the Italian brand, includes a cinema ad and print and outdoor billboards, SABMiller said today (11 June). The ad starts with the record-breaking sailing of the SS Rex across the Atlantic, which inspired Peroni in 1963 to name its export lager Peroni Nastro Azzurro, or Blue Riband in Italian.
“Our 50th anniversary offered the perfect opportunity to tell the story of Peroni Nastro Azzurro’s provenance and heritage by celebrating both the inspiration and creation of our brand in an era of extraordinary creativity and flair,” Peroni Nastro Azzurro global brand director Claudia Falcone said.
Last year, the head of Miller Brands, the UK subsidiary of SABMiller, said he was focussed on keeping Peroni Nastro Azzurro positioned as a premium brand, but remained “very cautious” about its distribution.
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research