UK: SABMiller gives push to Kozel with new logo
Click through to view an image of the new glassware
SABMiller's UK unit is giving a new look to Kozel as part of a wider push for the Czech lager brand in the on-trade.
A new logo featuring Kozel's “iconic” goat will appear on founts, pumpclips and glassware in UK pubs and bars starting this month, Miller Brands said today (12 November). The move is part of a larger on-trade drive for the 4% abv beer, with various sampling initiatives and a Kozel ‘pint finder’ app also planned, the company said.
Sam Rhodes, Miller Brands' customer marketing director, said: “Our research shows that glassware is the third most important factor in deciding which drink to choose, after taste and size.
“The new design will boost Kozel’s visibility in a growing category and give licensees a real opportunity to drive trial.”
Rhodes pointed to UK on-trade figures showing that the "world beer" category has seen a 7.6% rise in volumes in the 12 months to 10 August.
SABMiller last month reported a 4% lift in first-half net sales.
The penultimate part of this month's management briefing sees Ben Cooper continue his review of the environmental efforts of the larger brewers. Here, he looks at Heineken, Molson Coors and SABMiller....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Minimum unit pricing fails to get European backing
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review