AUS: SABMiller Foster's Group loses Asahi contract
SABMiller's Foster's Group to lose Asahi deal in Australia
Asahi said that from 2 April it would transfer Australian distribution, sales and marketing for Asahi Super Dry to Independent Distillers, the Australian contract brewer it agreed to purchase in August last year.
The moves are believed to have been prompted by change-of-control provisions in the distribution contracts, which were triggered by the SABMiller's takeover of Foster's late last year.
Foster’s has so far held onto Grupo Modelo’s Corona, the biggest premium imported beer brand in the Australian market, with a 34% volume share of that segment.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World