COLOMBIA: SABMiller enters recycling partnership
SABMiller sells Aguila beer in Colombia
SABMiller has joined with global retailer Carrefour to improve recycling rates in Colombia.
Both firms has signed a deal to install 15 recycling centres at Carrefour's supermarkets in the cities of Bogotá and Medellin.
SABMiller has a 98% volume share of Colombia's beer market via its local subsidiary, Bavaria.
The National Association of small recyclers and CEMPRE, a not-for-profit association which promotes reduction, reuse and recycling, are also part of the recylcing partnership.
The firms aim to collect 1,000 tonnes of waste within the first six months and will launch an advertising campaign for consumers.
"There is an increasing expectation being placed on companies today to minimise the environmental impact of their packaging, from sourcing materials through to disposal and recycling by consumers," said SABMiller's president in Latin America, Barry Smith.
"We seek to make a difference through innovative partnerships with suppliers and customers such as this one with Carrefour."
Part three of our annual review of the year brings us Chris Mercer's look at how 2010 has treated the world's brewers....
Click play, below, to view the thoughts of SABMiller's CEO, Graham Mackay, on the brewers performance in the six months to the end of September....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read comment pieces on just-drinks in 2010....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2010....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015