UK: SABMiller builds war chest for further acquisitions
The newly created SABMiller has indicated that it is gearing up for further acquisitions after it announced a share placing worth close to £614m (US$953m) today. SABMiller, which was created when South African Breweries completed its acquisition of Miller Brewing earlier this week, said the placing would give it flexibility in the face of a rapidly consolidating global beer industry, including "opportunities to enhance its position as a global brewer".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Rekorderlig Deal Sees Molson Coors Miss Out
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- Bacardi buys Banks rum
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- C&C Group chairman backs CEO amid turmoil
- Diageo turns to W Ice in South Korea