COLOMBIA/UK: SABMiller appoints Bavaria president
Richard Rushton will head up Bavaria for SABMiller in Colombia
The brewer, which announced in October that Lippert will move up to become president of its Latin America beer business, announced today (6 December) that Richard Rushton, the current president of its Central American operations, will become president of Bavaria. Rushton will take over on 1 January and will report in to Lippert.
Rushton joined SABMiller in 1997, and has been president of its Central American operations for the past 15 months. Prior to that, he spent three years in Ecuador, as president of Cervecería Nacional, and five years in India, as managing director of SABMiller's business there.
Aged 47, Rushton is a South African national, who can speak fluent Spanish.
As a result of the appointment, the position of president for Central America will be eliminated, and the presidents of the SABMiller operations in Ecuador, Panama, El Salvador and Honduras will also report directly to Lippert.
This month, we have decided to run The Wehring Interview over two instalments. After all, having waited so long to speak to Heineken's CEO, I have a lot of questions for him. Luckily, I've been grante...
Foster's Group has officially transferred shares to its newly-demerged wine business, Treasury Wine Estates....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research