UK/US: SAB set date for Miller announcement
According to press reports over the weekend, the UK-based brewing conglomerate, South African Breweries (SAB), aims to announce its much discussed $5 billion acquisition of the Miller brewing business from the Philip Morris Corporation on May 30, the same day it is due to publish its annual results.
A recent decision by the US Supreme Court will lead to a loosening of regulations regarding direct wine shipments to consumers in many states. David Robertson asks if the ruling could precipitate furt...
Disappointing second quarter results from Anheuser-Busch were far from well received by investment analysts who believe the brewer is making mistakes and more importantly failing to heed their warning...
Having recorded a third consecutive year of volume, margin and earnings growth, global brewing force, SAB Miller, was in a position to give shareholders a 27% dividend increase and eye the acquisition...
The hunt for the ultimate sports drink may be at an end....
South African Breweries has defended a controversial redundancy package covering a group of former workers who claimed the deal was signed without their approval....
Former workers at South African Breweries have slammed the country's Food and Allied Workers Union for agreeing to redundancy package without their approval....
Morgan Stanley has resumed coverage of SABMiller....
The Distell Group has advised its investors on the JSE Securities Exchange that, compared to 2003/4, its earnings per share and headline earnings would increase by between 25% and 35% for the year to ...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- Coke Life - Coca-Cola's niche soda - Comment
- Global water targets risk hiding local concerns
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends