US: SAB gets clearance for Miller buy
South African Breweries (SAB) has received antitrust clearance from the Federal Trade Commission for its acquisition of Miller Brewing from Phillip Morris Cos.
The FTC said Monday that it had granted an early termination of the waiting period required under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act.
As reported, Philip Morris agreed to sell its Miller Brewing Co. unit to South African Breweries in a transaction valued at about $5.6 billion.
The deal is expected to be closed by the end of July.
A recent decision by the US Supreme Court will lead to a loosening of regulations regarding direct wine shipments to consumers in many states. David Robertson asks if the ruling could precipitate furt...
Disappointing second quarter results from Anheuser-Busch were far from well received by investment analysts who believe the brewer is making mistakes and more importantly failing to heed their warning...
Having recorded a third consecutive year of volume, margin and earnings growth, global brewing force, SAB Miller, was in a position to give shareholders a 27% dividend increase and eye the acquisition...
The hunt for the ultimate sports drink may be at an end....
South African Breweries has defended a controversial redundancy package covering a group of former workers who claimed the deal was signed without their approval....
Former workers at South African Breweries have slammed the country's Food and Allied Workers Union for agreeing to redundancy package without their approval....
Morgan Stanley has resumed coverage of SABMiller....
The Distell Group has advised its investors on the JSE Securities Exchange that, compared to 2003/4, its earnings per share and headline earnings would increase by between 25% and 35% for the year to ...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report