US: Ruvo named as new chairman of Skyy Spirits
Ruvo, who has been with Skyy for ten years, became president and CEO in 2005. He will continue to be CEO alongside his role as chairman.
Current chairman Tony Foglio has stepped down to pursue other interests, the company said.
In addition, the group has appointed Andrea Conzonato to the newly created position of chief operating officer/chief marketing officer.
Conzonato was formerly group marketing director at Gruppo Campari in Milan. Prior to that, he held a variety of positions with Procter and Gamble.
Recent results suggest all spirits companies are feeling the effects of the downturn but some are better equipped for long-term growth than others. Jeremy Cunnington of Euromonitor International asses...
Magners cider owner C&C Group has said that it is not selling its spirits business, following a report by just-drinks this afternoon (2 March)....
Skyy Spirits has expanded its Skyy Vodka Infusions All Natural line to include a pineapple flavour for the US market....
Italian drinks group Campari has said that it has bought 99% of Ukrainian sparkling wine group Odessa for US$18m....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review