GLOBAL: Russian Standard unveils "philosophical rapper" for new ad - video
Russian Standard has signed up a “performance philosopher” made famous online to star in its new global ad campaign.
Jason Silva, who founded the “Shots of Awe” Youtube channel, will front Russian Standard's 30- and 60-second TV and cinema spots, launching worldwide on 18 November. A three-minute online version launched on Youtube today, which can be viewed above.
At a event in London last night (11 November) to unveil the ads, Venezuelan-American Silva, who describes himself as a “film maker and futurist”, told just-drinks he is an unusual choice to lead a spirits marketing campaign.
“I'm not a rapper,” he said. “Though perhaps you can call me a philosophical rapper.”
He said his collaboration with Russian Standard marked the future of advertising tie-ups between companies and artists.
“I believe that the best brand alliances, and I believe that the future of content, is branded content,” he said. “Because distribution has been completely democratised on the web, then sponsors, or brands, and artists can work together. You don't need the channel or the network as the intermediary.”
Silva has hosted the National Geographic Channel's Brain Game since 2011.
The US Spirits Market: What Consumers Drink and Why?
This report provides the results for the Spirits market in the US from Canadean’s unique, highly detailed study of consumers’ Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) consumption habits, and forms part of an ove...read more
Mast-Jägermeister is to take its UK distribution JV in-house....
Poland Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts a...
Russian investor Roustam Tariko, the owner of Russian Standard, gained full control of CEDC in April 2013. The new owner is expected to focus more on the Russian market. This, in turn, could mean less...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report