RUSSIA/US: Russian Standard proposes “strategic alliance” with Central European Distribution Corporation
Russian Standard is looking to bunk up with CEDC
Central European Distribution Corporation has confirmed receipt of a proposal from Russian Standard to up its stake in the US-based company to almost 30%, and form a “strategic alliance”.
CEDC, which is based in New Jersey but operates almost totally in Central and Eastern Europe, announced earlier today (8 December) that Russian Standard is looking to buy a 19.9% stake, in exchange for unspecified assets in Russian Standard's Roust Inc spirit import unit.
The move follows Russian Standard's purchase of 9.9% of CEDC's shares late last month.
CEDC confirmed today that it has held “preliminary discussions” with Russian Standard, following the setting up of a confidentiality agreement between the two in early October.
“No agreement was reached as to any matters referred to in the letter from Russian Standard,” CEDC said. “No due diligence has been conducted with respect to the assets proposed to be contributed to CEDC in exchange for the suggested equity interest.”
CEDC concluded that it is in the process of “evaluating the proposal.” A spokesperson for Russian Standard declined to comment on the developments when contacted by just-drinks this afternoon.
For CEDC's announcement, click here.
Central European Distribution Corp has done the only thing that looked viable, as 'brand Russia' in vodka moves a step nearer to reality....
Earlier today (23 April), Russian Standard finally got the okay to up its stake in Central European Distribution Corporation. The move, which could cost Russian Standard up to US$310m, could see the f...
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- This week in spirits & wine
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts