RUSSIA/US: Russian Standard proposes “strategic alliance” with Central European Distribution Corporation
Russian Standard is looking to bunk up with CEDC
Central European Distribution Corporation has confirmed receipt of a proposal from Russian Standard to up its stake in the US-based company to almost 30%, and form a “strategic alliance”.
CEDC, which is based in New Jersey but operates almost totally in Central and Eastern Europe, announced earlier today (8 December) that Russian Standard is looking to buy a 19.9% stake, in exchange for unspecified assets in Russian Standard's Roust Inc spirit import unit.
The move follows Russian Standard's purchase of 9.9% of CEDC's shares late last month.
CEDC confirmed today that it has held “preliminary discussions” with Russian Standard, following the setting up of a confidentiality agreement between the two in early October.
“No agreement was reached as to any matters referred to in the letter from Russian Standard,” CEDC said. “No due diligence has been conducted with respect to the assets proposed to be contributed to CEDC in exchange for the suggested equity interest.”
CEDC concluded that it is in the process of “evaluating the proposal.” A spokesperson for Russian Standard declined to comment on the developments when contacted by just-drinks this afternoon.
For CEDC's announcement, click here.
Central European Distribution Corp has done the only thing that looked viable, as 'brand Russia' in vodka moves a step nearer to reality....
Earlier today (23 April), Russian Standard finally got the okay to up its stake in Central European Distribution Corporation. The move, which could cost Russian Standard up to US$310m, could see the f...
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research