UKRAINE: Russian Standard leads Nemiroff chase - report
Who's going to win Nemiroff's hand?
Russian Standard has declined to comment on reports that it is a front-runner to acquire Nemiroff Ukrainian Vodka Company.
The Russian firm, which is owned by entrepreneur Roustam Tariko, said late last week that it would not be drawn on reports out of Ukraine that claimed it was in the lead to buy Nemiroff.
The reports have said that Central European Distribution Corporation, Pernod Ricard and Stock Spirits joined Russian Standard at the first round of acquisition talks with Nemiroff, which owns the namesake vodka brand. Russian Standard was cited as progressing to the second round of talks.
Sources close to the situation have been cited as saying that Nemiroff will choose a buyer by the end of August.
No-one was immediately available for comment at Nemiroff when contacted by just-drinks today (17 May).
Earlier this month, Nemiroff posted a 9% increase in domestic sales in the first three months of this year.
Pernod Ricard's shareholders have approved a cash dividend of EUR1.34 (US$1.84) per share for the drinks firm's most recent fiscal year....
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review