UZBEKISTAN: Russian Standard launches in Uzbekistan
Russian Standard has launched its range of premium vodkas in Uzbekistan, via leading local importer Altash Invest, the company has said.
Uzbekistan is one of the top ten vodka markets in the world and one of the fastest growing importers of Russian vodka, said Russian Standard, announcing its launch in the country today (28 April).
"Demand for high quality premium vodka continues to increase in Uzbekistan, and we are pleased to partner with a leading company like Altash Invest, which we are sure will deliver success in Uzbekistan," said Mykola Kuzemko, export director of Russian Standard.
Umid Mirzaakhmedov, general director of Altash Invest, added: "We expect positive results for Russian Standard thanks to several factors: the increase of spirits consumption in Uzbekistan, the trend of Uzbek consumers 'trading up' to higher quality and more prestigious brands, the increasing spending power of Uzbek consumers and the overall development of Uzbekistan's market structures."
Uzbekistan's gross domestic product is expected to grow by around 7% in 2009, despite the economic downturn, according to the International Monetary Fund.
Russian Standard, founded just over ten years ago and based in St Petersburg, claims to be the number one premium vodka brand in Russia and also exports to more than 60 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia.
The recession has prompted trading down in the spirits market, even putting the brakes on the seemingly ever-increasing premium vodka category. With reference to a new IWSR/just-drinks report, Ben Coo...
Pernod Ricard's lower-than-expected sales slip and a plan to raise advertising spend have injected a dash of optimism into the drinks industry....
Bacardi has appointed a brand ambassador for its Grey Goose vodka brand in the North American markets....
Pernod Ricard has expressed confidence in the year ahead, despite reporting a 4% drop in like-for-like sales for its fiscal first quarter....
Pernod Ricard's head of distribution has said that signs of economic improvement in some markets give the industry a reason to be optimistic going forward....
On Thursday (22 October), Pernod Ricard will update the market on its first quarter sales. Below, we look at the company's highs and lows over the last three months....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is realigning its organisation, both in the US and internationally....
The drinks industry could benefit strongly from a new South Korea-European Union (EU) trade agreement, the European Commission has revealed....
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends