BELGIUM: Russia and Ukraine "key" to Interbrew's future
The Belgian beer company Interbrew believes that Russia and Ukraine are key to the company's overall development strategy, head of Sun Interbrew Andre Weckx told the Russian press yesterday. Weckx said he shared the "confidence of Interbrew's executive director Hugo Powell that in the next five or so years, Russia could become the company's main market".The statement was made at the presentation of the beer company Rosar in Omsk. Sun Interbrew was established in 1999 by Interbrew and the international company Sun Brewing (part of the Sun Group) to operate on the Russian and Ukraine markets. The company owns a controlling stake in 9 plants in Russia, including Rosar.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends