RUSSIA: Roust Inc brings in new CEO
Russian Standard has taken over operational control of CEDC
Roust Inc, the distributor of Russian Standard vodka, has appointed a new CEO.
Oleg Kirillin replaces Vladimir Filiptsev, who will become head of Russian Alcohol Group, a subsidiary of Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC), Roust said yesterday (15 January). CEDC, which is facing financial problems, handed operational control this month to Roust owner Roustam Tariko in exchange for investment.
The deal put Tariko in charge of the committee running CEDC's day-to-day business.
Kirillin has served as Roust's commercial director since 2011 and previously worked for Kazyonka, Russian Alcohol Group and Veda, Roust said.
A recent bout of activity in the Cognac region - from investment to divestment - suggests lively times ahead for the brandy and Cognac category. Ian Buxton looks at the headlines, and sees his eye bei...
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK