US: Rotta Winery hires operations director
California winery Rotta has appointed a new director of operations.
Winemaker Jeff Branco has joined the Paso Robles-based group in the role, it announced yesterday (17 September). Branco previously worked as assistant winemaker at Pape Clement, Pessac-Leognan and Cellar & Vineyard Worker at Maison Sichel, Bordeaux.
“We are looking to Jeff's experience in Bordeaux varietals to help reveal the emerging, high quality of Paso Robles' Cabernet Sauvignon. Jeff is a great fit," said Jason Shorrock, general partner at Rotta.
The group, which claims to be the oldest continually operating, family-owned winery in the Paso Robles AVA, produces Zinfandel, Bordeaux varietals and Black Monukka dessert wine.
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research