UK: Robinsons Brewery unveils Trooper billboard campaign
Click through to view the ad for Robinsons' Trooper beer
Family-owned Robinsons Brewery has launched the first London billboard campaign in its 175-year history – to advertise Iron Maiden ale Trooper.
The ale, brewed by Robinsons in Cheshire and launched in May by the heavy metal band, features alongside band and brand mascot Eddie on 20ft-by-10ft billboards across London and the south-east of England.
Meanwhile, Trooper has secured a listing in 267 Sainsbury’s stores across the UK, alongside its earlier listing at rival supermarket Morrisons.
Brand manager John Robinson said the new campaign signified the company’s growth in the south of England, adding: “Trooper has really opened up doors for Robinsons over the past six months since its launch.
“It has increased trade domestically and opened up brand new international export routes for the first time.”
According to reports in May, Robinsons secured pre-orders from 184 countries for Trooper, leading the company to move to a six-day week to meet demand.
However, it ran into trouble with Swedish alcohol monopoly Systembolaget over fears that the label’s depiction of Eddie’s skull-like features did not adhere to the country’s alcohol laws.
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends