SPAIN: Rioja Wine Interprofessional Organisation unveils new president
The new president called for a focus on quality
A Rioja trade association has appointed a new president of its plenary committee.
Luis Alberto Lecea was confirmed head of the Rioja Wine Interprofessional Organisation's control body on Sunday (21 July), the organisation said. Lecea, a grape grower, replaces wine maker Victor Pascual, who took office in 2004 when the organisation was formed.
Lecea represents the ASAJA agricultural organisation and said his main focus will be "a continued focus on the quality of the DOCa, which has allowed us to cement our position of leadership among Spanish wine regions”.
Last month, the Consejo Regulador de Rioja DOC told just-drinks Rioja's sales in China have tripled over the past two years thanks to attempts to position it as a cheaper alternative to French wine.
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends