NORWAY: Ringnes launches low-carb beers
Norway-based Ringnes Brewery has launched two low-carb beers into its domestic market.
The beers, Ringnes Lite and Tuborg Lite, contain 30% less calories and 70% less carbohydrates than standard beers, the brewer said.
"While the market for low-carb beers in the US continues to grow, in Norway this is a completely new segment," a Ringnes spokesman told just-drinks today (6 February).
"We have strong hopes for the success of Ringnes Lite and Tuborg Lite. There is now a market for low-carb beers as Norwegians shift to the consumption of healthier drinks, including zero sugar soft drinks, which are viewed as vital for more active lifestyles," the spokesman said.
The launch of two low-carb beers formed part of a broader roll-out of nine new products by Ringnes. The company also launched Imsdal Lime & Fibre, Norway's first functional bottled water product.
Ringnes is the Norwegian arm of Danish brewing giant Carlsberg.
Baltic Beverages Holding has posted another healthy leap in sales and profits for its latest quarter....
A local broker has lowered its coverage of Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo....
Carlsberg has denied reports that it will lose momentum in the run-up to finding a replacement CEO for the brewery....
Carlsberg is launching a summer promotion in the UK for its flavoured beer Edge....
Carlsberg's interest in Vin & Sprit should be seen as a way for the company to diversify out of beer and improve its "critical mass in drinks distribution," according to a research note by Dresdner Kl...
Carlsberg has shown an interest in Vin & Sprit, the makers of Absolut vodka, after the Swedish government sanctioned the sale of the wine and spirits company....
Carlsberg stays silent over speculation it plans to bid for Scottish & Newcastle....
Carlsberg has lined up a range of wines exclusively for the UK on-trade....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review